• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips have Double Image Glitch in Premiere Pro not on VLC or other player

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot a video with my phone, watch the clip on my phone or with VLC or Windows Media Player and files are fine.

But when I watch them on Premiere Pro, i get this weird Double Image Glitch. And when I export out the media, it comes with the glitch. So when I watch that exported media file in VLC, etc, the clip is embedded with the double image glitch.

How do I get rid of this? I am thinking it's a codec problem. I don't know. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Try switching your project settings to software rendering only.

Also try using different footage to see if the problem is specific to that video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

have you checked your cfr conversion to make sure that it is cfr?  and have you converted the frame rate to 29.97fps?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

media info screenprint 1.PNG

media info screenprint 2.PNG

  Thanks for the quick reply. I converted the file with handbrake as you suggested via "constant framerate" but still same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try switching your project settings to software rendering only.

Also try using different footage to see if the problem is specific to that video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!!!

So I am guessing my GPU was not strong enough for the GPU acceleration to be turned on. Completely fixed the problem with this clip and many others. Thank yoy so much Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attached is proof that it completely worked with the change to "software rendering only".

These are the exact same clip with GPU acceleration on and SOFTWARE RENDERING ONLY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked your cfr conversion to make sure that it is cfr?  and have you converted the frame rate to 29.97fps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow! completed worked as well. So I made the mistake of converted the clip i uploaded here as opposed to the entire original video. So i used handbrake on the original video to do a CONSTANT VARIABLE RATE conversion and even with GPU ACCELERATION ON, the video did not have glitches! thanks!

attached are 2 clips, one from the original VFR and other from the converted CFR.

I now wonder which solution seems better. Seems better to just use SOFTWARE RENDERING ONLY because my phone shoots in VFR by default. But are there any downsides to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

impossible to predict how vfr can screw things up, so better to do the conversion to cfr.  I use editready rather than handbrake cause it allows me to convert to prores which is a much more robust format...  It's not free but worth it cause it also converts spanned files to a single file (don't worry about this if you're not shooting with a camera that creates spanned clips.  Happy to explain if you're curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines