Clips will not relink without changing source clip name

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I started up my Premiere project without realizing the drive containing all my media was disconnected. Premiere, obviously, could not find the footage, and wanted to look it up. When I search and relink the first clip, most of my media reconnects...but there are about 80 or so clips that do not. When I attempt to relink them one by one, they all report a generic error.

The only solution I have found is to rename the source clips one by one (I add a "_1" to ever file name) Then they reconnect. However, this is incredibly time consuming, and I don't like the idea of renaming my master files. I have tried creating a new footage folder (footage_1) and moving everything into it, but the same clips still do not relink.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and is there an easy solution I am missing? Appreciate your help!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. I have also tried clearing my media Cache, and reinstalling Premiere, to no effect.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines