Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips with Alpha cause Premiere to crash

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

my workflow suddenly causes me trouble. I render out animations in AE as PRORES 4444 alpha (typo, clean icons, etc.), import them in PP and boom, crash. It used to work for a long while but now it won't and I can't figure out a solution by my own.Please help!

Tested on other machines, windows (with nvidia card, with intel graphics only) and on mac, it still does the same. Running on CC 2022 now, also I tried the previous version.

Sometimes there are strange alpha edges. Sometimes it plays, but crashes later. Not all clips are causing the problem. But I could identify one and it crashes definetly, when you make footage offline, link media and when you have thumbnails view turned on - booom, gone.

In case you want to try it out yourself, here is the project from my one drive. 

Any ideas? Highliy appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Jakub

TOPICS
Crash , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

By @jakubstejskal

I get the very same issues here as well when i open/touch that Premiere Pro project or create a new one and import the two .mov files.

It did work if i opened the After Effects project and render out the composition using the GoPro CineForm codec. I did import the two .mov files into After Effects and exported them to GoPro CineForm as well and they both played well in Premiere Pro.

I tested some more and render out the comps using ProRes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @jakubstejskal

I get the very same issues here as well when i open/touch that Premiere Pro project or create a new one and import the two .mov files.

It did work if i opened the After Effects project and render out the composition using the GoPro CineForm codec. I did import the two .mov files into After Effects and exported them to GoPro CineForm as well and they both played well in Premiere Pro.

I tested some more and render out the comps using ProRes 4444 and those files worked here as well.

Maybe resetting the Preferences of After Effects or even a re-install of After Effects can solve it, unless the files are corrupted due to a bad media disk.

EDIT: 

I tested once again to render out from Ae to ProRes 4444 and that file makes Premiere Pro chrash as well. Go Pro CineForm files do work.

Averdahl_0-1636041993061.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Averdahl,

thank you very much for your effort! I was able to solve it meanwhile even with ProRes.

What worked:

I changed After effects composition background from a bright color to black.

And FullHD resolution instead of 800x300px.

Finally I started working with dynamic link and rendering animations directly through Premiere Pro.

Have a great day and cheers

Jakub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines