• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloning yourself in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make piano videos for Youtube, and I have this idea of playing with 4 hands, so basically cloning my hands. There are some tutorials explaining it, but they emphasize that clones shouldn't overlap. The basic principle is the same background and just making a split screen. However, my hands will absolutely overlap, and even though they said it's much harder to do , I really want to make it work. It should look something like what's going on in "Chop Suey" by "System of a Down". Any tips would be appreciated.
TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably need to do a fair bit of masking and rotoscoping. After Effects might be more appropriate; it's worth looking at the rotobrush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope you know a bit about photography and lighting etc.

I have two reactions to imagining what you want to do.

solution 1: play the piano with another person so you have four hands playing same keyboard.

solved.

solution 2: lock off the camera like it's in cement .... and shoot two shots....one with one pair of hands and one with other set of hands ( since you don't have 4 hands ).

Now ( since camera is locked off the piano is solid and only hands are moving ( and keys being pressed down ) put both clips on top of each other and adjust levels so you can see the hands as 'ghost like' action, basically going through each other when they cross... but still able to see them ( due to your nice lighting ).

good luck

anything else is impossible for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p.s.

no negative vibes intended.... a lot of imagined shots just can't be done and have to be re-imagined to solve problems... happens more often then most people think.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines