Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captions Subtitles

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Well, I have spent hours literally working through closed captions and still can't get this to work correctly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or there's a bug, I'm not sure! Anyhow, After transcribing the sequence and making the changes to spelling etc. I notice that the transcript covers sections of the video where no narration exists, and when you then turn it into captions, they are all over the place! Some are too long and overlap into the next section of the speech, and some just get crunched up together. It's bizarre, but it's costing me so much time to go through the entire video to space the subtitles before creating the .srt file correctly. I've tried different settings from default through to having the slider controls on full, but they don't stick to the narrative. So bit long-winded this, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

John

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I've not had any issues like that. I'm struggling to even figure out what's going on ... that would sure be frustrating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, but I have dropped two images, hopefully they will show you better than me trying to explain! I have absolutely no idea whats making them so far out along the timeline.

Appreciate your help

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a nested sequence. Are you transcribing after the other sequence is nested?And then creating the captions before any editing is done?

Also, is Neil's guess correct that you are editing the sequence AFTER you transcrribe AND create captions?

There have been similar reports, but not, that I recall, with the particular problem that you describe.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's dropped the captions where the timecode was for the sequence when the captions were created. I think the issue here is understanding how to work with them.

Because you have to actually EDIT the captions tracks when you edit the standard video/audio tracks. If you say make a cut to another shot, and  move a segment of a captioned clip down the line, you also have to move the captions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transcibing of the narrative takes place at the very end, so I'm not sure what you mean by saying "you have to actually EDIT the captions tracks when you edit the standard video/audio tracks."

I do nest sequences but not the audio, I leave that on the original track, in most cases audio 1 and audio 2. 

After transcribing, I create the captions, and the result is what you see in the images.

I'm really not understanding what you mean!

Thanks

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered my question regarding Neil's response: the transcription occurs at the end, and there is no editing. I don't recall anyone else reporting this.

Can you describe the setting for the transcription regarding which audio you are using for the transcription?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John! 

Just to double check: the nested sequence does not contain audio, is that correct? Are you using a custom start time for your sequence (anything other than 00:00:00:00)?

I'm not able to reproduce your issue on my end. Would it be possible for you to share your project file with me so we can investigate further?

Thank you!

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kerstin,

Apologies for the late reply I never got a notification on your message and presumed the case was closed!

Just logged in now to see your reply.

I'm happy to send any info you require. 

Could you let me know what you need and how to send it? Is it simply dropping the file below?

Appreciate your time

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John, 

thanks for getting back. It would be great if you could send over the project that contains the sequence you were having trouble with (including the audio and nested sequence). The rest of the project can be offline media but we need to transcribe the audio of that sequence and see what's nested in the sequence to reproduce your case. You could just make a copy of your sequence (so we also see which timecode you're seeing) and share it here or in a direct message to me.

In addition, please share your technical set up (hardware, OS, etc.) and which Premiere Pro Version you are using.

Thanks, 

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines