• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

codec not supported

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a short video/slide show with music for my wife using ver. 15.4.1 & exported it as an MP4. Worked fine.

Now I have created a similar show using ver. 22.0.

Works fine on both of our computers but on 1 of our tv's it plays the music but no video & the other tv says "video codec not supported" and stops.

I am using windows 11 andboth files are MP4's with VLC as the player.

I have to say that the logic tree points to the newer version. I tried to take my file to the earlier version but it is not backward compatable.

I am not a pro just a frustrated hobbiest.

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Success! I lowered the framerate to 1920x1080 and problem solved.

Under basic video settings in the export dialog box I had to uncheck the box & set in my own values. Video plays fine on both TV's

Well, if anyone else has this problem here's a possible fix

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sailor,

Glad to assist. Can we see a screenshot of your Export Settings dialog box? Are you exporting H.264 using one of the presets? Let's check that first.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here you are.

premiere pro capture.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a more thorough description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sailor842:

Do you know if the TV that you're playing (or trying to play) the MP4 files on requires a specific frame rate in order to play MP4?  It's been awhile since I've played MP4 files from a USB stick on my 2010 Samsung SmartTV, but I have had frame rate be the reason it would not play a file as expected.

I just tried exporting a one minute edit using the H264 format and Match Source - High Bit Rate preset in PR2021 and then again in PR2022.  Reviewing the detailed file information tree using the application MediaInfo (MediaInfo (mediaarea.net)), the files appear to be identical.

If you'd like to try to play those two files on your TV to assist you in your troubleshooting process, let me know and I'm happy to provide a download link.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I exported the 2 different MP4's I used the same settings in the export dialog. i.e the defaults.

the only differences were title & date. and yet 1 plays & the other doesn't.

looking again at my PDF I wonder if it could be my frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success! I lowered the framerate to 1920x1080 and problem solved.

Under basic video settings in the export dialog box I had to uncheck the box & set in my own values. Video plays fine on both TV's

Well, if anyone else has this problem here's a possible fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, video settings must conform to what the playback device supports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success! I lowered the framerate to 1920x1080

By @sailor842

That is the resolution, not the frame rate.  The frame rate would be expressed in frames per second, ie: 30fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far opening a project you've created in Premiere Pro 2022 in Premiere Pro 2021 goes, you can review how to do that here:

Exporting Premiere Pro projects for other applications (adobe.com)

Scroll down to "Opening Premiere Pro projects created using newer versions of Premiere Pro".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines