Copied

I cannot change my color display settings. It is greyed out in Premiere Pro

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which setting are you referring to, the one for clip CM, found via right-clicking the clip, Modify/Interpret footage?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue : the color management section is greyed out. Even if I go to preferences > general > display color magagement and select this, it it still greyed out. 

I'm importing Sony Venice footage, which seems to have the LUT burnt in, in premiere (not in Finder). Any solutions for accessing CM / getting rid of the lut which seems to burnt in? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seems to me if its grayed out you do not have the appropriate gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 8GB of Ram on the current Macbook I'm using, I imagine this would have been enough? The footage is shot in 6K but I have transcodes to attach already. 

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 15.30.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a clip selected in the Project panel bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage ... and the bottom CM section is grayed out, that means that Premiere is not 'seeing' that as something that it can modify for some reason.

You can install the Public Beta version alongside the current version. It would be good if you did, and created a project in the public beta. Then added the Sony Venice footage ... and go to the bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage ... and see if it's grayed out there also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how importing these files into the Beta version will help? I need to edit in the main version of premiere so if you have any suggestions of how to use it in here that would be great. - Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try and import it inside Premiere pro 2021 and it was greyed out there too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! – I think this is an issue with Sony (Venice) Footage specifically. I solved it by going to Effect Controls > source file > Color space > S-log 3 

Hopefully this helps someone in the future 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason for the suggestion about the beta version was simply to see if the CM sections were fine there. You can work in the current beta and then use the file in the current shipping without issue, let alone of course be able to duplicate a project file and work a dupe.

Basic troubleshooting.

But glad you checked the Source settings for the clip. Which can be accessed both from opening the clip in the Source monitor, and looking at the ECP ... as well as checking the Source tab of the ECP for any clip on a timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines