Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Doesn't Match Original Clip

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When I import a clip in to Adobe, the color is REALLY bright by default. It keeps this brightness even on export. However, when you look at the original clip, it's totally normal. Take a look at the two attachements. 

Does anyone know how to get Adobe to just display the original colors? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem, when I open my projet in Premiere Pro 2021 everything is fine but when I open it with Premiere Pro 2022, colors are really bright on sequences.

Hope someone can help us soon, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at this and changing the setting in the sequence displays the color right. Still is jacked on export. Now I'm moving clips out of Premier Pro and putting them in an Iphone app to adjust the clips. 

Making a change like this without giving us a simple option to use the old way is short sided! I don't have time to re-work all these video clips and re-learn PP because, according to Adobe, it's better. 

Boy am I close to canceling my subscription at this point! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Canceling to go to say, Resolve, where you're going to have to learn a ton of color management settings in order to get things set correctly ... because, Pr is giving you CM choices to learn.

That seems rather odd to me. The first thing you'd have to do in Resolve is learn how to set the CM up correctly for your needs.

And that is what's going on here in Premiere, as they are finally getting the CM options into the app that we will all need for the variety of CM needs we're going to be having soon.

Is it startling? Yea, when a default behavior changes and you weren't expecting it. But Resolve has also changed quite a number of 'default' behaviors and moved some options around, which hath upset a number of R users. It happens.

So if you simply want to figure out how to fix the problem, what are the clip's CM properties, the sequence, and your export settings? What's the problem on export?

We can sort it out a heck of a lot faster than learning a new app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The listed thread has the information.

Basically, they added new color managment options both for clip properties (bin: modify/interpret footage) and sequence settings.

Plus they changed the default I guess "presentation" behavior from converting to Rec.709 to preserving original color space. So in previous versions, this clip would have been transformed automagically to Rec709, but in this version, it isn't.

So the user needs to go through all the various CM settings until they have it as they want it, either in Rec.709 or HLG.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, an update has been released. Have you checked what's in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been in Pr yet this morning. Worked all day yesterday in both Pr shipping and public beta.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baffy19_0-1637259046333.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines