• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color grading and Gama Compensation won’t work. pls help

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so for the past 2 videos i've tried exporting on premiere using my macbook pro, my color grading looks fine until I open up the exported file on QuickTime. It's way too overexposed and the contrast is way off. I found that this is a common issue with the color management and have tried several different Gama Correction cube file LUT's, tried switching up my settings, and tried exporting on a different (& newer) macbook pro. Sadly, nothing is working and I've been trying to fix this for hours. If you know what's up please let me know 😭 the top is after exporting and the bottom is before

image(1).jpg

image.jpg

[Moderator note: this forum can be confusing, but please drop images directly into the text area not in the "attach files" box. Dropped into the text area as above means the images are displayed within the post, without others having to download strange files.]

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction**** the first photo is before exporting and the second is after exporting***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann's links will tell, this is due to the user needing to do some color management steps.

These are HLG color space clips, a form of HDR, and have been used on a Rec.709 color-space timeline. Then exported with a Rec.709 color space preset.

You would need to select one or more clips in the bin, right-click/Interpret Footage, and select the Override-To option set to Rec.709. Redo any color work, THEN export using any SDR/Rec.709 preset ... all those that do not have HLG or PQ in the preset name.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allan,.

Here is some additional advice. Use VLC not QuickTime to evaluate video. QuickTime can mislead you.

Avoid any LUTs. You don't need them. As was mentioned, See the video by the Adobe Film Team.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines