• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color is highly saturated and contrast high in premiere, no problems outside of premiere....

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted to the community about 2 years ago about Premiere distorting my footage on importing it and once it's exported from Premiere, it's stuck in this HIGH contrast and HIGH saturation color edit that is so far away from true color or what I shot the footage one. So far, it's been on 2-3 cameras, all canon and all the same result.

My solution has been to not use my very expensive computer for premiere editing, I have had no success and I use my cheaper APPLE MacBook pro and it's completely fine.

I REALLY NEED HELP! I just get an earful from arrogant people talking about how my color space settings must be wrong, but that’s not correct. I have BOTH computers set to EXACTLY the same settings.
I am viewing these 2 exported videos on the same computer - the iMac.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-10-at-5.31.25-PM.jpg

Still having the issue years later, still not fix on my $6,000 iMac Pro 2017 (currently running latest updates etc). On my iMac, anytime you look at a clip outside of premiere, it looks great, just as shot on my camera. Then bring it into premiere on the iMac and it's color is very saturated and contrasty. Anything exported (as shown in the photo I newly uploaded on the LEFT). these are screen shots of EXPORTED files from premiere BOTH. Same settings, no edits made in between. Just simply loaded the file onto my iMac and then to my MacBook Pro.

My MacBook Pro is completely fine, no color issues ever. Very strange. The screenshot on the RIGHT is how it is exported from premiere on my MacBook Pro.

QuickTime previews looks perfectly normal on both computers, so I KNOW it's not completely isolated to a Mac issue, it's obvious that premiere is changing the color on my iMac if I can view these files on my iMac perfectly fine in preview, QuickTime, even online on a YouTube video.

I have tried enabling and disabling color display management as you suggested and no fix. Also the Lut, no fix. My computers, both are set to the SAME color space, same settings etc. I have found NO information online on how to fix this, just a bunch of people explain color settings probably are the culprate and I just don't find any truth to that, I have adjusted them both to the same color space and still get 2 different exports.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 6.13.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-10 at 6.14.12 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime uses the embedded apple color conversion, so the monitor changes from P3 gamma 2.2 to gamma 1.96 internally. If you set your operating system's icc color profile to Rec. 709, that should make it easier for Premiere to translate the colors into the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definately not my issue. 

This is an issue happening on 2 seperate computers when running Premeire pro. BOTH icc color profile to Rec. 709.

both images then come from the same screen on the same computer. Not images from two different monitors or two different computers. Both exported immidiately, no edits done etc.

Preview files on the imac of footage BEFORE EDITING outside of the premiere - on quicktime, preview, youtube etc. are COMPLETELY fine. But if you export on the imac - if you view on preview, quicktime, youtube etc. colors are bad. It's premiere that is changing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you post the before and after of Mediainfo program under Color Primaries, Transfer Characteristics, and Matrix Coefficients.

If premiere is indeed changing the metadata, you can change it back with bbc / qtff-parameter-editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines