Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color label disappeared [bug 14.6 fixed in 14.7 MOD]

Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color label dissapeared: on my premiere pro the color labels don't show the colors anymore on the left files section. I can change the colours but it don't show here. When I drag a file on the timeline the color will show. It is checked on but don't show wich colour.

[colour]

This is a bug in 14.6 and has been fixed in 14.7  [MOD]

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

I made a new project, imported old one: labels are back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer and the heads up! First time poster here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 14.6.0 (Build 51) and suddenly the labels are gone from the project panel.  I've opened the metadata selector (label was checked), I've unchecked it, re-checked it, restated PP....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project, import old one: problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for the solution and the following is directed to the PP dev team, not you.

Seriously? That's a great use of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all.  I sound grade some of my clips in Audition and use the Export to Audition feature.  When I've done that in the past the audio portion of the clip turns from blue to green showing that it's an edited/extracted audio clip.  See "old export" pic

But now it no longer turns green, but instead an audio fx is added to the clip as seen by the purple box in the "new export" below.  Is this how Audition edits are now shown?  Or is there a setting I can change to go back to the green extracted audio designation?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, ignore that commetn about the purple fx designator.  Apparently there was a lumetri color fx applied to that clip.  So basically just not turning extracted audio clips green anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is brutal for me. I have an entire Hierarchy project built that I start every new project with. Couple dozen folders, labels tagged, all kinds of stuff. I hope this gets fixed asafp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed newist version of prem pro and the label colours are not displaying. I've set them to be on and it will sort them in lable colour order but it doesn't displaythe clip or seq colour. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have an update for this? It's completely frustrating. I'm running Big sure with PP 14.6 and It appears a lot others are having the same issue but adobe hasn't responded. I'll link it down below. 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41988271-pp-14-6-color-labe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a staffer response in another thread. It's an identified bug, it happens with projects from previous versions. The current suggested fix is to create a new project file, then go to the MediaBrowser panel, navigate to the original project file, and import that into the new project file.

Labels should return to normal.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me, but man oh man... Premiere just keeps getting worse instead of better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lee,
Sorry about that. It's fixed in the beta, I think. Could you test it out there? Otherwise, you'll need to either workaround the issue, as Ann suggests, or roll back to an earlier version. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al'right I found another work around way easier. Especially for the crazy ones like me that are using Premiere Production and are in the middle of a 90TB+ project.
1) Create a new project
2) import an old project (This passage might be not necessary - try to skip).
3) Click on the sandwich icon at the right of the project panel name and select "Save as new view preset" Give it a name, 

[Here you have the option to select a keyboard shortcut - select "Project View Preset 1" and then go into Keyboard Settings, search for "Project View Preset 1" and assign a short cut, I personally use Option/alt+1
4) Now go back to the projects that need to have the labels back and shortcut it or select the sandwich icon at the right of the project panel name>Restore View Preset>*view preset name you chose*

5)...

6) Money

7) Labels should be back, not sure though 'cause I did it once. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Thank you!  Now...if we can just get the audio keyframes to not default to a curve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, right?

Current workaround for the audio keyframe bezier is to save & close the project, then reopen. It often fixes that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @THEIR STUDIO that worked for me! Without having to import a project! You're a legend, that's way easier.

To reiterate exactly what I did:

1. Create new project
  2. Click on sandwich icon at right of project panel name and "Save as New View Preset" (I called it 'temp')
  3. Save new project (you can delete it after)
  4. Open old project which needs label colours back
  5. Click on sandwich icon at right of project panel name and "Restore View Preset" > *choose preset*
  6. Done. Labels are back and you can save and get on with it.
  7. Delete new dummy project in a satisfying yet vengeful way 😝

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This REALLY needs to be marked as the best current workaround. I just upgraded from 14.4 to 14.7. The steps described by @THEIR STUDIO to restore labels when opening projects from previous versions of Premiere Pro worked for me and saved a boat-load of time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Снимок.JPG

Why didn't they fix it label color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I believe it is fixed in an upcoming version. You can try out the beta and test it out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 14.7 from 14.6 and am still having this problem. Seems like every time I update Premiere, something that used to work fine gets messed up. Labels are key in the way I work so not being able to see them is frustrating. Creating a new project and importing your old one shouldn't be the way to fix this. This isn't a convenient method for huge projects. I hope this issue gets fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I JUST discovered the FIX, and as Super easy as it is elusive!

I went over to MetaData Display and noticed the "Labels" box was unchecked.  I just re-checkedMetaData-Labels.JPG the Box and POOF! All my Labels re-appeared!  

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow my sequence setting had "Show Source Clip Name and Label" Selected, which turns off label colours.

What a mess

Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 09.12.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the many, many items in editin and video post in general where one person's desired workflow is an aboslute nightmare to someone else.

They had a TON of people wanting all sorts of changes in labels. Plus the way labels were used ... and limited ... in both Productions and Team projects operations were needing improvements. This change allows for most of the desired workflows, but ... if you didn't know about it coming, can make your sequences go off for the labels you'd carefully set.

For nearly every change in the app I've argued with an engineer about, I always get the "well, you know we'd hear holy Ned from a ton of people about changing that because they use it to do X and would not appreciate the change ... ".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines