• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Match - Make One Scene Match Another

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to sample two colors and tell Premiere to do what it needs to do, color-wise, to make the colors match.

For example, let's say I'm shooting indoors and Scene 1 is of a person in a room with "warm white" 2700K LED bulbs and Scene 2 is in a room where somebody is using those horrible "daylight white" 5000K bulbs.

I'd like to be able to (somehow) sample the person's face in both Scene 1 and Scene 2, and then click a button so that Premiere does whatever color correction is necessary to Scene 2 so that the person's face color the same.

I know in this simple example I could just manually make Scene 2 a little warmer. But it gets a little trickier when there's also difference in brightness (e.g. Scene 2 is also dimmer than Scene 1) or when the color cast isn't quite so straightforward (e.g. those weird lights they have at my kids' school that turn everything green on film), or when there are multiple scenes that are all different but not in the same ways.

This is all for home movie editing where I don't have control over the lighting when I shoot things, but somehow have to figure out to make the color *somewhat* consistent across clips so the kiddos don't look like Martians in one scene, Simpons in the next, and normal in the third, and I'm trying to find an easy to way make Premiere do that for me, instead of me having to do it for Premiere 🙂

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines