Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COLOR Problem: Graphic from Illustrator to After Effects to Premiere

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I search help from the community for this big problem i noticed working on my last advertising campaign. 

I received an Illustrator Logo RGB and imported it on After Effects to animate it. I imported it on a Rec 709 color space at first and noticed a change on the color.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-24 um 08.44.12.png

Than i decided to try with a neutral color space: 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-24 um 08.44.56.png

Importing the first in Premiere (Rec.709) animated logo, exported as Quicktime animation RGB + Alpha, I immediatly saw the color shift on Premiere.

Importing the second Logo in Premiere (None Working Space), the Logo looked good and seemed to resolve the problem.

But the real problem came after exporting the final Result. Both logos seem to have lost saturation on the export and the final result doesn't preserve the original color of the illustrator logo.

This is a big issue for a corporate work and I' searching for a solution since then.

Can someone help me with the problem?

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one is using 'scene-referred' Rec.709, not what you want. The second is using standard full Rec.709, including the display transform.

As to after export, how are you checking that? By reimporting into Premiere or viewing in a player such as QuickTime? Especially, QuickTime player on a Mac?

As that later would show what you're describing because Apple's ColorSync color management utility is more of a color manglement utility ... it doesn't use correct gamma (using 1.96) and also doesn't apply the required display transform.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil, thank you for your answer.

I definitely used the second settings to work on the graphics, and yes I'm aware of the problem with Quicktime player, that's why I use VLC  and import/export the final product on Premiere. Inside Premiere and VLC the color looks as it has to be. But uploading the videos online, the animations look still desaturated. Do you have some other tipps i can check?

Thank you for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would assume then that when you're looking at them online, it's from your computer. Have you tried say a PC to see what they they look like on it? Or Firefox instead of Chrome/Safari?

The differences in CM that Apple uses are simply a fact of life, things will look different on Macs than PCs or most Android or TVs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines