• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Shift (Magenta) On Playback vs. Paused

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen in another post where someone saw this issue and offered solutions such as changing playback to Full Res and a few other oddball suggestions but I'm still having this issue.

I've attached two screenshots to show the color shift as well as my sequence settings.

Old post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Color-shift-between-play-and-pause/td-p/8693205

Premiere Pro 13.1.5 (Build47)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 3.41.11 PM.png

Adobe Premiere Color Shift - Green - Paused.pngAdobe Premiere Color Shift - Magenta - Playback.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on both my iMacs - one is 2014, the other is a 2019 iMac Pro. 

Switching to full res on the iMac pro seems to help, but still this makes color correction a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on latest 2022.05 version..this has existed for a few versions at least. On PC - amd 3900x, nvidia 3090 gpu...crazy there isnt'a  solution to this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone found a solution? I have the exact same problem right now with the 2024 version. This shouldn't be possible for professional ediiting software... (using Apple M1 Max 64GB) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only recent thread with this was using Arri media on a rig with an Nvidia GPU, and the fix was updating the GPU driver.

So ... that wouldn't be precisely your situation. But you might check the GPU driver for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple solution. Choosing full resolution on paused and playback won't do this alone. Enable "high quality playback" in the program window settings next to resolution for playback. 

this will ensure premiere uses the full colour space of your footage. I found this wasn't an issue using R3D raw but was using ProRes4444 or 12/16bit colour files on Arri. I think unchecked, premiere uses a faster algorithm to playback smoother. By clicking this setting the original media will playback without processing. 

also note that you can use this setting with 1/2 resolution etc too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 2023 Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128GB running Sonoma in case useful addition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very useful information there! Thanks for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines