• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coloring in my sequence

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing a uncolor graded slog clip in to my timeline, when it gets there it all of a sudden has some sort of lut on it and i cannot figure out where it is being applied to remove it. There is no effects on the clip and even with fx mute on it retains the juicy look that i am not looking for screenshot attachedScreen Shot 2021-11-09 at 12.05.23 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They added a new layer of color management tools to the latest version, and one is a default behavior to recognize "typical"  media and auto-apply the normalization to that media. So yes, it's been normalized to Rec.709 by using the manufacturer's supposed default formula or transform.

I did not think that all users would want the auto-normalize even though for the vast majority it's great. I like options. For many users, this does as good or better as they know how to do.

Me ... I want to roll my own, thank you. For some things like RED, Arri, and BRAW media, there are still panels in the Source tab for setting the normalization/tranform that you want.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to turn this normalization off? It seems to only be affecting a small percentage of my sLog clips. They are so blown out they've become unusable. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there isn't that I know of. And yea, that's a pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a short clip you could upload via Dropbox/whatever? Might be able to get it to an engineer for testing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines