Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour balances blown in new update

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SantaBurnout.png

I have updated to the new v22 Premier Pro... and this screengrab shows my issue! the old version is on the right, with my older edit. Now I have a newer edit (so can't revert back to earlier version easily) but the colours in the new version have completely blown out. I'm using the Fast Colour Corrector but the settings are the same in each version. Can anyone tell me if I've missed a button? Really up against it on deadlines now! Thanks in advance for any guidance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Modify > Interpret footage and set Color Space override.

This is easy to fix but in future dont update when a deadline is around the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha! Thanks, Ann - you're absolutely right on the upgrade, it was worse than that because my entire Mac broke and it took three days for a new one to arrive (Thank Heavens for Dropbox!). It was setting up the new machine that meant the newest of everything got installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this has certainly helped a lot, and wiped out my burnout problem. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ann you should be upgraded to "legend" status and gold star. the king of succinct straight to the point solutions. how you do it is beyond me. you must spend your entire life fixing problems with this software and finding workarounds.

don't you ever take care of yourself and cook meals and go for walks and stuff ??

thanks for being you.

rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ann you should be upgraded to "legend" status and gold star.

By @salvo34

Although Ann is a legend, her ACP status is actually above Legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference, Modify is in the context menu (right-click menu) on the video file in the Project pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you work in editing a deadline is always around the corner 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely hope no one with paying clients upgrades ANY software to a new major version without testing first! As you can at the least install one version 'back' within the Adobe system, that means you could easily still be working in the 15.x versions.

And testing the 22.x version with new projects to see if it's stable.

One thing tripping up a bunch of users with the 22.x version is the change to color management. Or changes, really. Spread out in several places.

You now have color space settings and over-rides for a number of media formats available at the bottom of the Properties dialog brought up from the project panel/bins 'Modify/Properties' options.

Plus sequences now have a color management setting in the Sequences dialog.

And most users haven't a clue these changes were made. Depending on how clips are tagged that can be quite a painful discovery at first.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't particularly a choice to upgrade, my Mac actually broke completely and when the new one arrived I automatically installed the most current version. Definitely a lesson learned! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also install the 15.x versions, so you don't have to be on 22.x even on a brand new computer.

Suggest that you might want to do so!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a beginner video editor. Sadly, I made a mistake and updated to the new Premiere Pro 2022 this morning. 

All of my Iphone 12 Pro footage is now blown out and I cannot seem to change applying your Modify>Interpret Footage>Color Space solution. 
The issue happens when I move a clip to the timeline. Is there something else I can do to fix this? I would so appreciate it if you could explain it to me in layman terms.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the working color space in the Sequence Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did experience the same issue, interpret footage solution works but the color is little bit weird. Are you sure you did the correct step for interpret footage solution? here i made step by step screen shot how to solve blown on iPhone HDR footage on Premiere Pro 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have added mulitple places to set color management ... both in the clip properties in a bin, and also as Ann noted, in the settings for each sequence. You will need to check both places on many clips now. A bit more complicated than it was previously.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an awful update as mine updated automatically on my work-provided computer. Do I have to do this to clips individually (modify-interpret footage)  or is there a quicker way to do so? I'm using footage from an Apple Iphone X and Iphone 12 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just having similar issue with my iPhone 12 pro max HDR footage as well, i solved it here check it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is perfect! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines