• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour corrections or adjustment layer causes black screen or flickering in premier pro

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have asked this question but none of the answers seemed to help so reaching out again. 

Whenever I add an adjustment layer to an edited video (simple colour corrections) the video then freezes on the frame its on and causes black flickering and "corrupt" the video rendering it unusable. 

I tried to make colour corrections direct to video clip and this resulted in the screen going black and the only way to fix it was to shut down and re-open PP. 

I didn't have this issue for the first 30-40 videos I edited and haven't changed any settings, even resetting PP upon opening. 

Would love to get some help to fix this. 

Many Thanks 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I'd do is close all projects, dump the cache, then relaunch Premiere. Might help.

Next thing ... is do you have the Preferences options for Hardware encoding/decoding checked? If so, uncheck them, and try again. That seems to be an issue with a few rigs.

You haven't said what GPU your computer has, but changing drivers for that card might also help.

And I've also heard of this happening when a GPU wasn't getting enough sustained power from the power supply.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I am using a 2020 13" mac / 

2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

But never had issues up until a few weeks ago using this system. 

I will give those other things a try and see if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashton,

Sorry about the bad behavior. You wrote that you have a Mac with a GPU containing the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB. The suggestion is to use a 2 GB VRAM GPU or better to meet system requirements. Currently, you are not meeting system requirements in that department. 

If you are editing 4K footage, adding GPU accelerated effects will exacerbate this problem. I recommend transcoding or creating proxies for HD footage as standard in your workflow. For 4K footage, you'll probably need to use smart rendering to create video preview files in the ProRes, DNxHR, or Cineform codecs. Then, export with this codec with "Using Previews" enabled.

Otherwise, I would recommend updating to a more powerful computer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines