• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour for each speaker in closed captions

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to set Premiere closed captions to give each speaker a different colour?

The transcription can recognise when each speaker is speaking, but the captions created from that transcription are all the same colour - I want each speaker to have a different colour.

Is that possible and, if so, how, please?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Not without a lot of trouble.

First issue is that, even though the transcription has the option of identifying speakers (and you can edit the speaker designation etc), that information IS NOT transferred to captions created from the transcript. I assume they plan to do so, but I have seen no information as to the future intention.

Also, a sequence can only have a single active caption track. And the only Caption Track Styles apply to an entire track. So you can create a track for each speake

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not without a lot of trouble.

First issue is that, even though the transcription has the option of identifying speakers (and you can edit the speaker designation etc), that information IS NOT transferred to captions created from the transcript. I assume they plan to do so, but I have seen no information as to the future intention.

Also, a sequence can only have a single active caption track. And the only Caption Track Styles apply to an entire track. So you can create a track for each speaker, and you can set a style to make the color different, but you can't show them at the same time. The exception (see below) is nesting and burning in.

See "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

And a post in that thread re converting captions to graphics text:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

And a thread using caption "blocks":

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/mulitple-captions-blocks-and-other-majo...

There are several relevant feature requests. Here's one:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42970134-multiple-caption-t...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, that is a brilliant reply.

Thank you so much!

And, yes, life is too short on this project to be doing that stuff but I will be bookmarking this thread for future reference.

You're a hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm super new to Premiere but I've been working tirelessly to learn alot of tips and tricks. After much trial and error I eventually found Chris's video that is on the last link you shared. Is this still the best way to do it? Also I've been transcribing each audio track indivudually is that the best/fastest way? Thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just realized you're the same Stan that answered a very similar question for me. Thank you for being so helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you referring to the conversion to graphics text (convert to xml for import)?

If you have speakers or whatever separated by tracks, I think that is easier than any other method.

You're welcome! I enjoy helping.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines