• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility issue with Intel HD graphics 5500

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having compatibility issues with my Intel HD graphics 5500. I'm trying to install the driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988 but it said I does not meet the minimum system requirements. I event downgraded to Premier Pro 2019. It still not working? Is there anyway around this? Or should I downgrade to a earlier version of Premier Pro?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, the HD Graphics 5500 is now effectively obsolete. You see, Intel itself had placed the driver support for the IGPs of all of its 4th- and 5th-Generation Intel Core CPUs into "legacy" status way back in 2017-2018. That means that since that time, there were, and will never be, any more compatibility fixes for these IGPs while at the moment only critical security fixes will continue to be made. As a result, every single driver version that's compatible with your HD 5500 is simply a security patch to a driver version that dates way back to 2016.  And what's more, Adobe now officially requires a 6th-Generation or newer CPU in order to run Premiere Pro properly. Thus, if a hardware manufacturer has ended all mainstream support for a given hardware component, Adobe was now faced with the dilemma between continuing to support old and outdated or obsolete hardware or add new and up-to-date features to its software. Adobe wisely opted to follow the newer hardware path in order to avoid risking falling farther and farther behind the competition in features and performance.

In other words, your hardware is simply too old.

And there is officially no way at all whatsoever to retrograde to an older version of Premiere Pro: Adobe has now restricted availability to the two most recent major versions of all of its CC apps. That policy went into effect in May of last year.

Hope this helps,

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines