• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

compatible files

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have simple videos done with a galaxy and with web camras. i cannot drop them or open them or see them to open them in premiere pro and rush. both say incompatable. but they can easly be dropped into a free online video editor filmora. can my settings be off in both premiere and rush. i have been working with premiere for years. now i cant drop them in. but the free program has no problems.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The challeng of editing with Filmora is that it edits delivery formats.

Which is the Best Video File formats for Video Editing and Sharing

Try using Shutter Encoder (donationware) to convert your clips to a format that's good for editng.

What's great about Shutter Encoder, is it has a section just for "Editing codecs".

WarrenHeaton_0-1668281418074.png

Any of those are good for editing and as such good for use in Premeire Pro.

Premieree Pro Support File Formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but these are made with the same cameras i used before. nothing has changed but the fact adboe wont let me put them in to the editor. is there some kind of change that happend in the background or an up grade, or something i clicked on in the options. I should be able to drop these videos that I can watch on everyting but insdie premeire. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for clarity - are you able to import them but you can't drop them into the timeline? Or are you getting an error on trying to import them?  

What video codec are the clips?

Also, if you're talking about the galaxy phone, I should point out that videos from a phone are not simple at all. In fact they are some of the most complex things you can possibly edit with and in general will give you some of the worst editing experiences you can have. That is due to the video codecs they record into as well as the fact that they record in variable framerate, which is fine for a video player but not really for editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines