Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compressing Video

Guide ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

in my past Discussion, my question was: How to export for E-mail, or Text,  for IPhone, or Android Phone. In my past Discussion, I was told it is better to Export the Video to Drop-Box, so friends or Clients can see it. I totally agree, to upload a Huge file to Drop-Box, and copy the Link to a friend or Client. But, what if your friend or your Client wants to see the Video Clip, Immediately, In a Text to His or Her phone, or get it as a E-mail. How can I Compress the Video for this purpose.

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "how" of it doesn't change.  The problem is that video files are often waaaaaaay too large for those forms of communication.  But if you must use them (for whatever reason), then you will have to make sure the exported file is within the limits of the medium you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I shoot a video clip with y phone, then try to text it, it gets greatly recompressed right away by the phone. So there is really no text export setting from Adobe, rather the phone will compress as appropriate when you try to text it

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear. Jim.

I totally understand, for example, Shooting a One Hour Long 4K video, It is Impossible to send with Text or any Email.

But, If I have a very small Clip, such as 30 Seconds, or One Minute, even that,  It is hard to Compress with Premiere.

I like to know how dose iPhone, Compresses the video, and why Premiere can not Compress.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm old fashioned.  I only use my phone for making phone calls.  I use other, more appropriate tools for other activities.  So I'm unable to answer the question on what the iPhone's doing.

Premiere Pro can compress.  The overwhelming majority of the export settings for PP will compress the output to some degree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So say I have an hour long 4k video of gameplay how to export it from premeier pro without it being 20GB??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines