Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comptability problem between Windows and Mac for MOGRT

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Within our team we are currently encountering an issue with the MOGRTs available in our creatiev cloud library.

The animations were made on After Effect on Mac, they import and work perfectly on Premiere Pro on Mac. However, for Windows users, the images do not load... A color pattern is displayed instead.
After a few tries, we realized that the MOGRTs were read without problem under Windows on a Premiere Pro project previously created on Mac.
I would add that some MOGRTs contain videos with transparency encoded in ProRess and which are therefore not played under Windows.
And finally, the still images in PNG or PSD present in our CC library are perfectly readable on Mac or Windows.

How to solve the problem of linking images on Windows on MOGRT?

I imagine that we are not the only ones to have compatibility problems between the two systems, it is 3 collaborators who cannot work in good conditions because of this problem...

Best regards

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Hello,

thank you for your reply. But I think I found the solution, partly by rendering the animations. Only this action alone does not solve the problem.
To solve the problem, I loaded the missing elements within the CC library then called them in my composition after before exporting it as MOGRT.
And it works in windows and mac.
When all non-text elements are called from a CC library and not from a local or shared disk.

Have a good day !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these actual MOGRTS, or are they imported After Effects comps (dynamic linked)?

The colored picture pattern is the symbol for missing media in After Effects; when you're importing these fiels to your project folder it's unable to source the original piocture or video file you placed there. You need to either:
a) Open the MOGRT in After Effects (if you have the original files) and relink the media
b) Make sure you copy the MOGRT and it's associated files in the same folder structure that exists on the Mac side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Macsous,

Sorry about the issue. In which version of Premiere Pro are you having this issue? Could you confirm if you still have this issue with the most recent version of Premiere Pro (22.6.2)? 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The always marvelous @DaciaSaenz has been so helpful on this question with both my partner (on a Mac in Cape Town) and myself on a PC in Oregon, and others on this forum.

Essentially, use a placeholder image (probably giving the name of the video) in the Mogrt created in Ae. And distribute the video to all users to plop in place in the EGP on a sequence. I think that is still the way that ... works.

But if Dacia has an update, she'll pop in and help ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to the team on this stumper, @Macsous. I hope we can get you some answers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Macsous, 

There are certain formats that can only be used on specific Operating Systems. For instance, .avi files cannot be imported into Premiere on a Mac. Its not a file type that is supported by the OS. If I were to build a .mogrt in Windows with an .avi file it would fail on Mac. 

Same is true in reverse. There are file formats that Windows does not like and if they are in a Mogrt made on a Mac where it worked, then it will choke on Win. 

But all this still is conjecture until I can see the actual Mogrts themselves. Can you please Direct Message me some examples of your problem Mogrts? This community forum won't let you upload them directly so you'll need to upload them somewhere and send me a link please. 

Hopefully we can get y'all rocking and rolling soon. 

I'm out of the office right now and supposed to be on vacation (lol), but will check them out when I get back on Monday. 

Thanks,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could also be related to the Renderer in project settings when the mogrt was first created inside After Effects. When creating mogrts to be sold as templates or used on other systems:

It is always best practice to switch renderers to Software Only inside After Effects before even planning to create mogrts. This will save all the hassle related to mogrts compatible with GPU Acceleration on different systems and OSs.

I create mogrts and have some on Adobe Stock, and I learned to always use this approach (Software Only Renderer project based).

I don't think switching later from Software Only to GPU acceleration for mogrts inside Premiere Pro on whatever system will cause mogrt issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaciaSaenz , thanks for helping! You're always so wondrous to work with!

Carlos ... excellent tip! That makes SO much sense ... wow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

thank you for your reply. But I think I found the solution, partly by rendering the animations. Only this action alone does not solve the problem.
To solve the problem, I loaded the missing elements within the CC library then called them in my composition after before exporting it as MOGRT.
And it works in windows and mac.
When all non-text elements are called from a CC library and not from a local or shared disk.

Have a good day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines