• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer Reboots during export

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this all started on the last patch of CC 2017 and continued into Premiere pro CC 2018. During a export or heavy rendering the computer clicks off as if power has gone out and then clicks back on and starts up as if it had shut down. This only happens to the computer while using adobe products.

MY computer is a Dell Precision Tower 7910 with Dual core Xeon 3.10 processors, 64 GB ram, Windows 7- 64 bit OS, with Dual Nvidia  K5200 Quadro cards.

Since this problem has persisted, I have wiped my computer clean to see if the problem lied within any add-on to the computer. The only thing currently installed on the computer is all updates from Microsoft for the OS, the latest drivers for the video cards, and the Adobe manager with premiere pro and encoder (Latest versions from adobe).

I have monitored the computer stats while the export or render begin and do not see the performance of the machine being any issue. I am trying to export an H.264 video that runs close to an 40 mins.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JeremyS,

Have you ever monitored the internal temperature of your case? You might want to check that it is cooled adequately while performing GPU intensive functions. See my opinion on this here: Computer shuts down while using GPU intensive applications

Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Yes I have checked and no warning or indication has been made by the thermometers that the heat is is nearing excessive temperatures.It appears to all be working within an normal operating temperature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would run Disk Check and also MemTest:

MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run a full disk check on startup of the computer and found no errors as well as run both a stress test on the CPU and GPU for a full day and the computer did not shut down at all.

Untitled.png

Test1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the latest update solved your rebooting issue. I have the same problem. Heat is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on XPS... Did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was rendering to a 6 Terabyte USB drive. When I switched to an internal sata drive, the reboots stopped. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same exact problem.

I believe its happening because if you have the project footage in the same folder as where you are rendering , its using so much that one disk so it crashes . switching rendering footage location to an different drive fixed it for me!! in a nutsell its using the one drive too much and especially if you have a slow rpm drive it cant handle it. I BELIVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also the same issue, I'm tired to looking for  solution all over here and google. Need the solution please!

Halloween Costumes for Couples

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know I am quite late to this, but switching from mercury hardware encoding to software encoding fixed the issue for me. I don't know why this is happening since my graphics card works perfectly fine, I can play videogames all day long while my graphicscard is 100% used and my computer never shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines