• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer Screen goes black on Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linking to another thread with a user that I believe has my same issue: Computer Screen Keeps Flashing Black on Premiere Pro 

I have a decently high spec'd computer, my GPU is an RTX 3080ti with a Ryzen 7 3700X and 32GB of RAM.

I've encountered this issue while playing footage, and moving things around the timeline. I recorded a video, but I believe the linked thread shows it perfectly. Happy to provide it if needed. Never had this issue on the previous iteration of Premiere Pro.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Duke,

Sorry about this. Have you tried any basic troubleshooting yet (trash preferences, delete all media cache, performing system maintenance, updating GPU drivers?)

If you've done all that, can you detail your workflow around the footage you are using? What is it? What kind of camera are you using? If it is screen captured, drone, or mobile phone footage, is it VFR? If so, have you tried transcoding the footage?

Do you have an adequate power supply for the footage and effects you are running? Is the computer case adequately cooled? Can you check temp settings? Sometimes, after updating, the application may allow for more performance which may drive computer components to overheat and cause issues like this. If this is all OK, I would look at the hardware setup and layout. If you are running dual monitors, try running only one. If that works, then begin working from there. Your connectivity might be that your monitor is tapping the wrong connector, etc. In other words, strip down your system so that nothing is connecting to it but keyboard, mouse, and single monitor. What happens then?

If that is not working, check out your Media preferences and disable hardware decoding and reboot. Things working now? You can look at performing a clean reinstallation of your NVIDIA Studio (not game ready) drivers. Try these things, do a little experimenting, and then report back - if you don't mind. Hope this advice helps.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Thanks for the response. 

In the time between posting this and seeing this reply I actually tried going to a single monitor set-up and I haven't been able to replicate the issue. A bit of a bummer as I just use the second monitor for menus and not playback. 

Second monitor is also connected via DisplayPort directly to my Nvidia card.

I also tried your suggestion of checking my Media preferences and disabling hardware decoding and restarting Premiere. Seems like it's an issue with Nvidia's latest game-ready drivers. I'll try switching to the Nvidia Studio drivers for now to see if that rectifies the issue and will get back to you.

To answer a few of your other questions:

> In regards to re-installs of drivers, and basic troubleshooting:

>> I actually did a full, clean re-install of Windows 11 and the issue persisted. With this re-install I needed to download all my apps from scratch. I would assume that this would essentially encapsulate all the basic troubleshooting issues as I'm essentially working on a new system and having the same issues.

> In regards to Power Supply:

>> Running on an EVGA 800W 80+ Gold Certified PSU, I think I'm good there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wasn't sure I could edit my previous post, but I switched over to the latest Nvidia Studio drivers from my game-ready ones and everything is working.

Seems like it's an issue on Nvidia's end. Not super happy about not being able to run the latest game-ready drivers, but I'm working on a project right now, so it'll have to do.

Thanks Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines