• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer Shuts Down when exporting H.264

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I hoping for an answer from Adobe on this.

My computer shuts down unexpectedly everytime I try to export H.264 format.  This is NOT an issue with heat or hardware, as it used to work fine.  Also, I have no problem exporting to QuickTime format with the same settings.  This behavior ONLY appears when exporting H.264.   Can someone please help?

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT an issue with heat or hardware, as it used to work fine.

Don´t get me wrong here, but the fact that it did work fine before does not mean that it will work fine even if the CPU/GPU/RAM fan started to clog two months ago. Do you have a CPU/GPU/RAM heat monitoring software so you really can rule out heat? Exporting to H.264 is very demanding on any computer, so that´s why you may see it only when you export to H.264. Use the Performance tab in the Task Manager to see. (Ctrl+Shift+ESC)

What you can test is to render out as QuickTime, GoPro CineForm or ProRes and then launch Media Encoder and use the .mov file to encode to H.264. If it works, then something is probably wrong with Premiere Pro. If the computer shuts down, maybe not.

A computer seldom just shuts down when using CPU/GPU/RAM heavy tasks. If it does, hardware and/or heat is most probably the issue. Check your CPU/GPU/RAM heat with a monitoring app and check the RAM with the already installed app Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have double-checked for heat.  Also, this computer is a month old.  It doesn't have a bunch of buildup of dust.   I can export to every other format...  just not h.264, which again, leads me to believe it's a software, not hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try "What you can test is to render out as QuickTime, GoPro CineForm or ProRes and then launch Media Encoder and use the .mov file to encode to H.264."?

Did you check the RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening to me as well, and I a. Matching the source to downstep the video quality and it happen around 77%, it will shut down and the only 2 files created in the folder is the sound file and the video file with error, can someone help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have that problem plz help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20210206_101635.jpg

Is amazing but it had hooked to me 5 times already.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I found asolutionw in Windows 10, use the power management to low the CPU 100% usage to 98% usage and it worked for me! and of course I change it to Software render instead of Hardware Render.

oshky69_0-1612752497351.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wanna try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change it to software re render

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, Switching to software does fix the problem, but I would like to keep the hardware renderer on, as my GPU renders everything in 1/3rd the time.

I'm making batch proxies for work in a project.  Using Apple ProRes LT 1920x1080 proxies. All other codecs and renders work fine.  But for some reason, batch rendering with ProRes, and with HArdware encoding makes my system crash and reboot.

Monitoring software indicates it's not an overheating issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines