• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Configure Premiere Pro to default import from current folder?

Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work simultaneously on multiple computer graphic animation projects and use Premiere Pro to import the animation frames for export as video.

Issue: Whenever I need to import new content, Premiere always defaults to the last import location regardless of the location of the currently opened *.prproj project file. The result is that I'm constantly having to navigate my way to the desired input location as each of my CGI projects have their own folder location. It would be a huge timesaver if Premiere defaulted to the current project location for importing content; is there any way to configure Premiere to do this? Thanks. Premiere Pro 22.6.2, Windows 11

TOPICS
Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Might want to have a look at:

https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to have a look at:

https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link! This appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. Regardless of how I configure compass, the import location (the only setting I want to change) consistently defaults to the location used in the previous project. Before I ask the kind folks at Knights of the Editing Table, I thought I ask here first. I've never used extensions in Premiere Pro before, so maybe I'm missing a step? Thanks again.

compass.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the vendor.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted the vendor and they responded promptly. In the meantime, for reasons I don't understand the extension suddenly started working across all my projects. A real time-saver! Thank you again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's suggestion is the best I know of too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines