6. Drag clip into timeline area to create new timeline
  7. All 4 audio clips/channels are still present

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Submitted possible defect here

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to set this to 2, the number of tracks you want.

2 ch.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same result.

temp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing your issue here, this is a timeline with the 4ch Sony EX clip both before and after modifying the audio channels. I used the same settings as you.

before and after.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you Dropbox a sample of your video clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click here to download file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my machine your download file is 2 track stereo both in Premiere and MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Showing my ignorance here.  It's a merged clip in PPro - but the source file remains unchanged. In the previous tutorial lesson, it has user merge a .wav file with the .mov file. 

Going beyond the call of duy here - but if you're inclined, could you merge the files in a project, and once you have the merged file - try to modify the audio channels per my original post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm with a merged clip all 4 channels come over to the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all got a bit convoluted. To clarify, after merging to create new clip, you modified the channels on the new clip and only selected two of the four available (mono), and then dragged the new clip (which presumably only has 2 channels now) into new seqauence and instead of just 2 all 4 came over?

Thank you for your patience and for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - something local to my system apparently. 2 days ago I was doing this same tutorial and it worked fine. Another note - it's intermittent, but often when I right-click and select modify-->Audio Channels, the window doesn't appear. If I try again, the window appears.

BTW - right before I tried your suggestion of changing it to "2" clips, I completely uninstalled PPro rebooted, and re-installed. However, it pulled down my settings from before. I wonder if I need to reset my preferences somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submitted possible defect here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any news on this?

I'm editing a swedish television show and this is causing A LOT of trouble for me. I'm on an IMac with version 22.6.2 of premiere. Is there any old version that i can install where you know this actually still works? 

Anyone else still has this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using version 15.2 to avoid most of the bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I'm in v23 and it hasn't been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PP2023 and can no longer modify audio channels within a sequence!

The app forces me to go to the actual bin file (not in the source monitor) and change audio channels from there. Only problem is that then changes other instances of the file I have in the sequence. i.e.: my ITV clip has separated mics on different channels. Previously I could select "Modify Audio channels" on individual shots in a timeline and set them exactly how I needed them. If I was missing a mic I could alt drag an audio clip to duplicate it then modify the channel to select the other mic, for example.i.e.: timeline track 1 would have mic 1, track 2 would have mic 2. 

Now I either make sure I edit in all possible audio channels to begin with or go back and match frame to edit them in afterwards. 

Not very time efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. A converted project from PP2022 to PP2023. I can modify the audio channels in the bin, but when I put it on the timeline, I can right click and select audio channels, but everything is greyed out in the dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only workaround I've found is to open the clip in Audition, make the chagnes you want, then jump back to Premiere. Goofy workaround, but it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue now in 2023. My workaround was to make the changes in the project tab and "interpret footage", open in Adobe Audiiton, then jump back to Premiere and use that new file instead of the original. But still, wth?

The "correct answers" are hilarious lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines