Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidate | Project Manager _ ISSUES

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Community,

I am wanting to "consolidate and transcode" a sequence in Premiere. I am doing everything I see people are doing on youtube.

I have a project called "Master B-roll Sequence" in which I have selected the best clips of our events of the past few years. Now I want to consolidate the differente sequences I have in this project. But I am encountering an issue. But first I'll share the steps that I take and you can tell me if I am doing something wrong.

1. select sequence in Project Window

2. File > Project Manager 

3. I choose the sequence in the "Sequence" window in Project Manager

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 5.07.38 PM.png

4. Consolidate & Transcode > Sequence > QuickTime> Match Source 422 LT

5. Create a folder as my destination path

6. Under Options, I check "Exclude Unused Clips" & "Include Handles". I uncheck the rest because I only have video clips, no AE compositions, Alpha and I want to keep clips'names the same as the original.

7. OK

___ISSUE

It transcodes clips from unselected sequences. Even clips that are 1h long, which are not part of ANY sequences of B-roll. WHY?

I am consolodating these sequences because I will be working remotely for the next 2 months and need all of the b-roll with me.

I really hope someone has the magic solution to this issue.

Would be immensely grateful~

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody out there who has encountered the same issue and found a solution?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Naima,

Just found this message. I didn't encounter this issue with the Project Manager and can't help you find a solution only with it, but you may be interested by a third party plugin called "PlumePack", which is a PrPro Project Manager like (so a consolidation plugin). The basic "Collect & Copy" feature is free, and there is a special version for Trimming without re-encoding (so remove unused frames with handles and keep same codec, exact quality and metadata -- It works better with ProRes, BRAW, R3D, DNxHD, Cineform).

For your issue, you could for example for FREE use PlumePack to make a first project without all the unused stuff. It will copy all your unused footages in a new folder and replace it in Premiere Pro. Then you could use the Project Manager to transcode this project (so it would have been already cleaned). 

More info about PlumePack vs PrPro Project Manager here

Download and Install for Free here

Best,
Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I will try it next time I need this feature. Good to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines