• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Crashing Premiere Pro 15.2 on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ever since I updated my premiere maybe a month or two ago, I am concstatly getting random frame drops that lead to crashes.

I have Premiere Pro v 15.2 and have been hoping updating would have fiixed these errors but it hasent. I have a macbook pro 15 v 10.15.7 Catalina. 

Please solve this. I pay for this service and what is the point if it doesnt work?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi archie4,

Sorry for your issue.

Did it start happening right after updating to 15.2? What' are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Also, does it happen in all the projects or a particular one?

Here's what you can try:

1. Clear the media cache
  2. Reset the preferences

Let us know if any of the steps help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It happened maybe a month or so ago. I updated it atleast once since. I think it was 2 updates ago as i update again and thought it would have fixed it bit no.

CPU - 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

GPU - Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

RAM - 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

OS - Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

It was working up till a month or two ago. I have rerset preferences, cleared the media cache, cleared all device cache, redownloaded the app and still the same.
It stops playing back and then when I go to quit it stops responding all together and I have to force quit.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Archie,

Doesn't the machine also have a discrete GPU?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project in 15.2 and import the old project into it.

You should also try creating a new project and adding similar audio/video assets to it. Then put those assets in a sequence and see if Pr behaves any better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines