• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant video flickering

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constant flickering of action clips in the timeline, but it is not flickering when exporting.

I have done all of this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/image-flickering-in-15-1-0/m-p/12006191

I have also tried flicker removal and rendering, but with quick action clips, it's still flicking in premiere (not on export at least), making it hard to edit properly. 😞

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted a reply...not sure what happened to it. :S

I have the most up-to-date Windows 10 and Adobe Premiere.

The issue is not my computer as it's a high quality video editing computer and has never had this issue before, including in Premiere. In fact, Premiere always used to give the SMOOTHEST play of my fast cut stuff, better than VLC can manage after an export, hence it's extra strange this problem is happening now. I HAVE had the flicker issue with some files, but the flicker removal worked in the past.

I THINK it happend two Premiere upgrades ago, but I was not editing anything fast paced before now for several months, so I am not entirely sure.

Yes, I have the Mercury Playback and tried setting it to "software only" - that did not resolve the issue.

The file types are m4v and mp4, but that doesn't mean all m4v or mp4 do this (they don't); it seems entirely random (though the same files in the project remain the constant issue - it doesn't jump between files). Sorry, I don't know what a container is - I am not a technical person. I edit for fun and as a favour to friends; it's a hobby.

I looked at other posts and tried the suggestions - they did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an issue with my computer as this has never happened before and it's a high quality video editing computer. I have to assume it was the last update, but can't be 100% as I hadn't edited anything with fight scenes between then and now.

I couldn't address half of what is on that list, Ann. I have no idea. I am not a techie person.

Premiere version 15.2.0. Did see I needed an update - just did that (15.4.1), problem continues.

It flickers when hitting play. It does not flicker when going frame-by-frame. It's not life or death, but makes it hard to really see how the video is playing. This shocks me as Adobe has always been smoother with fast cuts than playing it back in VLC (to my eternal frustration).

Yes, it has Mercury Playback Engine and, yes, the problem remains with "software only" setting.

The source files are m4v and mp4 in this case, but I use those all the time and not all of them flicker, even for action clips.

Windows 10 10.0.19043 but this has happened through at least one (if not more) Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines