• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constantly freezing export at 18%- how do I turn on hardware encoding with the new format for export

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My export on my video freezes at 18% every time. I've tried all the small tricks of saving it to a separate drive, clearing media cache, and I went to try to switch from software encoding to hardware encoding (something that was super easy with the old format) and realized I can't easily change that output setting under the new export tab. First off, how do I do that now? Second, how do I get my video to export? I haven't run into this issue previously and I'm panicking a little at this point

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that I've figured out where to shift to hardware encoding but it says it's unavailable and that's where my confusion comes in. I know nvidia gpu's had been an issue in the past, but it should be more than capable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would also add that it seems to freeze at this point in various formats. It will export mp3 fine. Anything involving video seems to time out, in a very literal sense because I hear my PC disengage, at 18%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware encoding is on, now it just freezes at 18% faster. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program as well. Nothing has worked so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a third party effect you're using at that specific point in the video that causes it to crash at 18% every time? Some Red Giant effects used to do that to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a third party effect present, but it's something I use every week in videos and haven't had issues with it for over a year with weekly use. Also, the point in which the processing stops isn't where that effect is present. It's quite perplexing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matthew,

Sorry. If it's not an effect, it could be a corrupt clip at that point in your Timeline. Substitute the clip then as a test to see if it's the clip causing the issue. It could be a corrupt sequence if it still halts at 18%. Copy and paste the clips into a new sequence and see if you can export it afterward. Finally, it could be related to your system and media being incompatible. We'd need to know details about your system and media to determine that. Feel free to share that info with us if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines