Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuos Crash on Premiere

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very tired and upset!

I am a freelance filmaker and i'm very tired about Adobe.

I'm working in a project in 1080p 25p with a7sIII clips in 1080p 50p 4:2:0 Xavc-s.

I THINK IS RIDICOLOUS that i have to finish the editing of the work with DAVINCI RESOLVE because Premiere 2023 is so bugged!

Guys! I have a 32gb ram ddr5, i7 12700, rtx 4070 ti and 3 SSD NVME Gen.3 (one for sofware, one for the clip and video material and one for cache) and another Pc with a ryzen 5700x and a GTX 1080 with 32gb ram DDR4.

2 pc, differente specs and i have continuos problems with both computer!!!

I need to know the reason why in my i7 12700 sometimes Premiere donesn't want to import the a7sIII clip (sometimes it say some clip are impossible to import. I can import them after i convert them with MEDIA ENCODER! A SOFTWARE OF THE SAME SUITE) and very oftern crash when i have more than 40-50 clips in a timeline. 

I my ryzen i have the worst scenario: 2-3 times at day i have a BSOD about "graphic memory managment" or something similar.

I have all the driver with the last release, i pay attention to the plugin that i use and what i install in my computers.

The CRAZY THING is that when import the xml of the projects that give me problems in Premiere in DAVINCI with the same computers i can WORK WITHOUT PROBLEM!

I'm very upset. It's Years that i use Adobe and every time i switch to a newer version there are some months with the software BROKEN!

AND THIS IS INACCETTABLE FOR A SOFTWARE THAT IS PROFESSIONAL AND IS VERY EXPANSIVE.

I have an up-to-date DAVINCI resolve in my computers and i never experienced so many bugs and crash, even with the newer version.

I use some softwaare of the Adobe suite (ae, ps, lr, pr, il) and i don't want to switch because is very powerfull the thing that all those application can communicate with eachother.

BUT IN THE LAST MONTHS I'M THINKING TO STOP TO PAY ADOBE AND TRY SOMETHING ELSE. BECAUSE THIS SUITE IS RUINING MY WORK.

Don't tell "not update to newer version, use every time one release older" C'mon guys! We pay a lot for this "professional" software! It isn't an open source project. If i do an update is crazy to have so many bugs! 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Gabriele,

I have been in similar situations and can feel your frustration. You should have no issues with this footage. I will tell the product team about it. I apologize on behalf of the team. In the meantime, you could work with our agents to determine a fix. Once you click the link, the chat pod will appear in the lower-right corner. In the chat pod, ask for the "video queue" to avoid any wasted time.

If you have a sample clip you can share, PM me and send me a link. You can use Creative Cloud, Google Drive, or the like to host the file. I will pass it along to the engineers. I can take a look here too. 

Other steps you can try:

• Clean Cache: Close all projects. Then, choose Edit > Preferences > Media Cache from the Home Screen. Choose to delete all cache. 
  • Try a new user account.
  • Reset Preferences (after Sync Settings).

I hope we can help fix the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines