• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contrast Blinking Glitch

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 22.5.0 and now I get this lovely new 'blinking' effect on my Canon C70 footage which appears in the export, too (doesn't exist in the Proxies, or in previous exports which I created in an older version of Premiere). Even when I disable all effects, or view the raw clip in the source window - have spent an hour trying to figure it out (and trying to solve my new constant memory leak crash), but I'm at a total loss... here's a sample:

[video]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 22.5.0...

By @chimpster37

Did you delete/clear the Media Cahce after the upgrade?

If not, here is how to: FAQ: How to clear your Media Cache in Premiere Pro - Adobe Support Community - 11017257

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I did - but just performed another full media cache delete & reset and that seems to have solved it for now. Thanks! 

(I would have thought that if the glitch was visible in the Source window from the raw file, that would have ruled out a corrupted cache file, but I guess that's not the case?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I did - but just performed another full media cache delete & reset and that seems to have solved it for now. Thanks! 

(I would have thought that if the glitch was visible in the Source window from the raw file, that would have ruled out a corrupted cache file, but I guess that's not the case?)

By @chimpster37

Great that it worked. 🙂

I have seen both, iow glitch is only visible on the Timeline and sometimes both in the Source and the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, opened the project today and it's happening again. Deleted media cache files & reset, but that did NOT solve this issue this time. That solve did seem too good to be true - any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another link:

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, opened the project today and it's happening again. Deleted media cache files & reset, but that did NOT solve this issue this time. That solve did seem too good to be true - any other ideas?

By @chimpster37

What kind of files are they, .mp4 or .mxf files? There has been issues for years with .mxf files from Canon cameras causing glitches, but i have never seen glitches like yours. Windows or Mac?

What you can try is to go to Edit > Preferences > Media Cache and note the location for both Media Cache Files and Media Cache Database. Close Premiere Pro and delete both folders and all it´s content in a file browser such as Explorer or Finder.

When done, open Premiere Pro and open the project you are working on and let it open and see if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.MXF files from Canon C70. 

I have not seen this issue in any other projects with .MXF files from the same camera, thankfully. 

I'm on a Mac Mini M1 (2020) 16Gb RAM / Monterey 12.3.1

Will try this manual deletion of the folders and see if that does anything... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to clearing the cache files, also clear the preview files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did somebody found a solution? Have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting cache & preview files & doing a full reset seemed to solve the issue, at least long enough for me to output what I needed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines