• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert a Production for Premiere 2020 to Premiere 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a production with various projects/sequences all part of it from Premiere 2020. Now back into this production again for a client I was looking to convert to be able to use this production in 2021. When I open it the warning screen comes up and I click Convert, but this only creates a new folder version with one internal project in it. What is the best practice workflow for converting the whole thing to the latest release?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at the shop yet, and I don't have a production on my laptop. I'll get back to you on this in a bit after getting to the shop. See if I can puzzle this with you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reached out to a couple staffers I've met in the past at NAB. So hopefully I'll get an answer in not too long.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, thank you Neil! I haven't run into this before and want to be sure my workflow is correct and if there is a proper way to make sure nothing gets left behind. I know you can create a new production and one at a time update each project and add to the new production, but some of our productions are quite beefy compared to otehrs and risk becoming incomplete and not fully updated. Though Productions seems quite forgiving and easy to fix when things "break" compared to the original project based format of Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still haven't heard back, though maybe @Kevin-Monahan  might either know or be able to roust out some information.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines