• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert from 60 to 30 FPS with slow motion, but also scale effects (keyframes) to new timeline

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not totally sure what terminology I should be using here so apologies for that, but I have a project with a sequence that matches the source clip's framerate (60 FPS), that I've already applied effects to including some quite complex animation using multiple keyframes (200+ keyframes!)

I've now decided I'd like to slow this whole thing down, taking advantage of the 60 FPS recording and converting it to 30 FPS slow motion. Normally I'd do that by re-interpreting the clip to 30 FPS before creating a 30 FPS sequence, but if I do that I'll lose all the work I've already done on the 60 FPS sequence.

Any ideas? In principal it seems like it should be simple enough for Premiere to just adjust the keyframes to apply to a longer timeline, but I've no idea if this functionality exists. Perhaps the only way is to export this as a 60 FPS lossless file, then create a new sequence from that clip just to slow it down to 30 FPS? What about a proxy export? I've never proxied anything so don't have a clue.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Actually, such a change would be better made by the Speed/Duration dialog, found by right-clicking in either the Project panel or on a timeline.

You could dupe the sequence, and change the speed on that, see what happens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, such a change would be better made by the Speed/Duration dialog, found by right-clicking in either the Project panel or on a timeline.

You could dupe the sequence, and change the speed on that, see what happens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I think I have this working. I halved the speed/doubled the duration, then in "Sequence settings" I changed the timebase to 30 FPS. The keyframes have moved accordingly and it seemed to export fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear! Always love when a comment can just get people working again ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines