Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PF_pixel data into RGB or RGBA format

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am developing one plugin where I want to save EXR file data from Params[0]->u.ld.data into buffer as some RGB format. 

I got the values of alpha, red , green and blue as in PF_Pixel type. When I saved it in buffer the data is not matching with EXR file data. Can anyone suggest? 

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Why are you attempting to save an AE Effect plug-in's pixel buffer, directly to EXR? 

If the user needs .exr, they can export a project item (transcode) or sequence (encode) to EXR format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you attempting to save an AE Effect plug-in's pixel buffer, directly to EXR? 

If the user needs .exr, they can export a project item (transcode) or sequence (encode) to EXR format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using torch libraries in my plugin that is not supported by the adobe Premiere Pro software so I am trying to do this conversation. 

Could you please tell that which pixel format do we need to use in Globalsetup() to import EXR files(half) which has 3 channel RGB data?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using torch libraries in my plugin that is not supported by the adobe Premiere Pro software so I am trying to do this conversation. 

Could you please tell that which pixel format do we need to use in Globalsetup() to import EXR files(half) which has 3 channel RGB data and Rec 709? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the pixel format provided by PPro will not solve your problem. 

Again: Why are you trying to import EXRs from within an effect plug-in? Using torch libraries may not be the right approach. What is the overall workflow you're trying to support? 

EXR Importer plug-ins ( not effect plug-ins), which can import EXR data, are already freely available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

As it is confidential so I might be not disclose here .

I am trying to convert one DNN model to adobe premiere pro so for that i am trying to import OpenEXR file .

Thank you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you had said that before; that's not what I'm asking. 🙂

Could you please describe, from a PPro user's perspective, the entire workflow you're trying to support? 

If importing EXR files is the actual requirement, you could simply use these free plug-ins: 

https://www.fnordware.com/ProEXR/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Is there a way to save EXR image data from Params[0]->u.ld (image data) into buffer as RGB or RGBA infomation. As per my understanding of the source code Params[0]->u.ld.data gives me the values of Alpha, Red, Blue and Green data as PF_Pixel type. However, when I saved it in the buffer, it is not matching with the input EXR file data (hex view). Could you please suggest me the correct sequence logic to save the data in RGB format from Adobe Premiere pro Host format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no sequence logic to suggest; your effect would need to do the work, to move the data from the buffers provided, into EXR compatible buffers. 

Also...why would you do this from within an effect plug-in?

If the user wants to save an .exr file, they can do so from either the Source or the Program monitor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines