• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting digitized footage into scenes

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have film converted to digital, how do I edit the long video into scenes and organize in folders For future use? I am not making a video, just organizing footage that is one 3 hour scene.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would bring the long video clip into premiere pro and start cutting it into scenes and putting them into their own sequences with a solid naming convention. Then I would select all the sequences and Export them by queue them up in Media Encoder. Then you'll have to organzine them on your hard drive into folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Might be useful to use also the " Scene Edit Detection " functionality that will split your long video into different parts, you can find it in the Menu bar / Clip / Scene Edit Detection...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that suggestion a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just organizing footage that is one 3 hour scene

=======

1st response from someone who knows about scripts and how movies are shot, but doesn't apply to your project.

2nd response from someone who knows how to separate an already finished export into seperate clips.

if you have a 3 hour scene how can you make more scenes, re: the first good response.

if you have a 3 hour scene you can scene detect ( which is misleading cause it really just detects big differences in cuts ).

If you want to know about scripts you can get one and read it.

I think I recall buying a book called the treasure of the sierra madres which was the script.

I'll try to put a link to the pilot of some tv episode ( sc. 51 /52 ) here but for some reason links from vimeo are not behaving nice anymore... you may get a whole bunch of junk and only the sc.51 /52 is the thing to look at.

3 cameras on process trailer and on roof, all part of same SCENES...

Named via slates ( cam a, cam b, etc. )

sc. 51 , sc. 51B, sc. 51C, etc.

Sc16-17-MyEdit on Vimeo

good luck

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whoops, getting old.... forgot the sc. numbers are 16/17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines