Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting SRT captions to SCC corrupts captions

New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I need to deliver my caption file in a .SCC format to PBS. Now that PP only allows SRT, I've been trying to export in that format and then using a website to convert to .SCC.  But there seem to be 2 issues I'm running into that I cannot solve:

1. It seems the converted file changes the format of the captions and breaks the lines differently sometime creating odd line breaks.

2. As I understand it the .SRT file doesn't hold positional information. I'm being told that some of the captions end up being 1-2 seconds off in the converted file. 

Is there 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.scc is still a sidecar option. It must be a 608 caption track. It is true that you CANNOT use the Text Panel 3 dot dropdown.

See this thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/did-premiere-pro-stop-supporting-scc-files/t...

I did a brief test in PR 22.4.0, and scc is still there.

You can export a sidecar with media via the Export Media commands; or you cann export the sidecar with media by selecting the sequence in the timeline or the project panel and using File -> Export -> Captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan!  That worked!  It's a shame one can't just export the captions without the media but this is a life saver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you can export the caption sidecar without media by using the File -> Export -> Captions. Be sure the sequence is selected before you export. This was missing in the PR 2021 releases, but was added back in PR 2022.

Let us know what you find regarding sync and any other issues with the scc file.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines