• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy a mask to another clip, but, the mask was used in conjunction with Ultra Key to remove green...

Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any way to copy a mask to another clip, but, the mask was used in conjunction with Ultra Key to remove green screen surrounding a figure.

Copy works, but paste is grayed out. I want to avoid re-drawing the clipping mask on each & every clip.

Surely there's an easy way to do this? I just need that masked 'shape' which is cropped closely to the figure speaking.  ...I've read you need to select the effect that accompanied the mask in order to do this; however, Ultra Key seems to be an exception to this rule.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To copy the mask, select the mask and copy.

Drop the Ultra Key on the next clip, select Ultra Key, right click and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it now. So, my clipping mask was applied to the Opacity FX. - Even though I have the Ultra Key applied as well. The Ultra Key still left artifacts which is why I needed the additional mask.
And, I did not initally realize that you copy and paste  the FX in the Effect Controls. I thought you do to the clip on the timeline directly (which also works in some cases, but not for the clipping mask).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines