• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Create Proxy strange situation from Canon C500 footage

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into a frustrating issue attempting to import Canon RAW footage from a C500 into Premiere. The workflow is:

• On set, the cards are unloaded using Edge onto portable SSD drives.
  • Back in the editing room, the hard drive is mounted, and I use Copy and Create Proxies (ProRes Medium proxies) to move the files from the hard drives into the editing system.

This… almost works perfectly. The problem is that sometimes Media Encoder doesn't actually do the "Copy" part; it leaves the link in place to the external SSD drive, although it does create the proxy. It's easy to spot these in the Premiere project, because they still have the "CLIPS001" name instead of the proper clip name. I can re-select those, redo the Copy and Create Proxies, and it works, but it's annoying to have to redo them.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what's going on, but I would do a full file copy over to the editing drive (with a checksum if possible) and then dive into proxies once the SSDs are dismounted. I know it's an extra step but it would eliminate any headaches or doubt.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines