• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy-and-paste between sequences - strange behavior

Contributor ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy and paste a clip between sequences. The pasted clip is going to the track that corresponds to the track it was on in the source sequence, not the track that is active in the target sequence. For example, I copy a clip on V3 in Sequence 1 and then paste it into Sequence 2 where only V1 is blue but the clip ends up on V3. No matter which tracks are blue, the clip comes in on V3. I opened the same project on a different system and it pastes as expected, on the highest track that is blue.

Any idea why this is happening? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Hey Kyle,

This was a change made in the June 2022 release of Premiere Pro. By default, ctrl/Command + V will paste to the same track. If you wish to paste it to the target track, you can set a key bind in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts). Search for "Paste to Target Track." Sorry if I misunderstood your question. If that's the case, please share more details.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kyle,

This was a change made in the June 2022 release of Premiere Pro. By default, ctrl/Command + V will paste to the same track. If you wish to paste it to the target track, you can set a key bind in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts). Search for "Paste to Target Track." Sorry if I misunderstood your question. If that's the case, please share more details.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the question, and I've now added Paste to Target Track to my shortcuts.

Weirdly, the Command+V is still pasting on the target track on my main system even though the command is still mapped as simply "paste" even though I'm running PP23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help! What Keyboard Layout Preset (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts) are you using on your main system? Maybe it's a keyboard preset saved from an older version of Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the settings I imported from PP2022, although I use the same settings on both systems. Commad+V is "Paste" on both. On system one (iMac Pro 2017) Command+V pastes to the target track, and on system two (MacBook Pro 2020 intel) Command+V pastes to the same track.

I suppose I could create new keyboard settings but I have so many custom settings I'm going to avoid doing that unless I have to. Maybe I'll try resetting my preferences at some point.

I've now mapped different shortcuts using "Paste To Same Track" and "Paste to Target Track" as I use the "Paste" function all the time for other functions and don't want to mess with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did they changed that? It wasn't broken and just worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was something that added more options, which were wanted by some users. Though, it also added more complexity.

And of course, you now have to get used to using the keyboard shorts they added for placing the paste on the track you want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines