• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Media on Import not working. Ver 22.4.0

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the "Copy Media" function to work properly in Version 22.4.0. I get an "invalid copy path" unless I use the destination pulldown menu choice of "same as project", then it works, but it copies everything inside my PP project folder.  Not a great place to store media.  It seems simple enough, select your destination (a folder on the SS drive in my case), hit go and let Media Encoder do it's thing.

What am I missing?  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi david seay productions,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening with any specific media type or all of them? Also, please share a screenshot of the error message that you are getting.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sumeet.  As you requested, I have attached screen shots of the screens.  In a nutshell, I am unable to import and copy media to anyplace other than the project folder.  I get the same error when I open up PP on my macbook pro too.  I hope you can figure this out.  Thank you.error message.pngingest settings.pngopening PP screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also find it useful to have my machine info.Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 7.56.36 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this from the new Import Page, or from the MediaBrowser?

If the Import Page, yea, I've seen this posted here on the forum for some users. Skip importing in the Import page. Just set a project Name, Location, click Create.

Then use the MediaBrowser panel to do this after the project opens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.  I can still make it work the way it always has (via media browser) but that requires copying all of the media from an SD card to the media drive.  It would be super convenient to copy and import a single clip from a card to a specific drive folder without having to import everything, which is exactly why they created it.  Just wish it worked.  Maybe in next release it will be addressed.  Thanks for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import page has the functions as it is designed ... I doubt that will change, from talking with the devs at NAB last month.

The Ingest process in the MediaBrowser can easily be set to copy media to a location or even transcode during the Ingest process. That's why that has 'ingest' rather than 'import' as the terminology.

So use MediaBrowser for this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I understand now.  I knew you could import via the media browser, but I did not realize you could copy/transcode from there too...just a simple tick of the ingest box.  I did a quick test and bada bing!  It works like a charm.

Thanks for the info.  This will really help a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After speaking with Adobe tech support about this, it appears this is a known bug and they were happy to hear there is a good work around.  They asked me to post the exact steps on how to make it work, so here goes:

1.  Open up MEDIA BROWSER and navigate to the media you need to copy/transcode/import and select the clips needed.

2. Enable "ingest media" by ticking the box.

3. Click the small wrench beside the box which gives you a window for copy / transcode ingest options. 

4. Name your primary destination

5. Right click to import the clips / They will immediately show up in your bin window, but you're not done yet.

6. Wait a few moments and Media Encoder will launch and process your clips and save them in the location you specified in step 4.  When it's done, check your destination drive to make sure they are there.  Also check your file path to make sure it's not linking to your original media.

That's it.  Hope it helps.  Thanks Neil Haugen for your assistance in figuring this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines