Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copying A CC project to another machine

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty copying a project to another machine.

I used the "Project Manager" to copy to a new location and selected my one sequence.

It copied everything to my external hard drive except the project file itself.

After moving the project file to the new machine and opening it, I was asked to relink all the media.

I relinked one clip and it attempted to relink the remainder of the sequence. The relinking process ran all night and failed to link clips.

Am I missing a step? Do need to move the media to retain the original path? 

Sorry for the simple question. I'm new to Premiere. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Bryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why it did not copy the project to the same location as the media. It should have. So try moving the project into the same folder as the media and then opening it again. It should automatically relink everything with 1 or few prompts at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the response. I'll give it a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bryan,

You were experiencing issues in managing your project, but as we haven't heard back from you for quite some time now so I wanted to check the status of your issue

If the issue has been fixed please share the steps that you followed to fix it.

In case if it hasn't been fixed yet please let us know and I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines