• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying Text from One Sequence to Another Changes Text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I'm not sure what's going on.  This program is so quirky and buggy.

I have two sequences with identical footage.  One will be rendered square (1080x1080) and the other wide (1920x1080.)

I copy a text title from the square sequence and paste it into the wide sequence -- the resulting text is squashed or stretched -- it displays much bigger even though the frame height has not changed.  

Same with vertical spacing.  I have 3 titles evenly spaced in the square sequence.  I paste them into the wide sequence and the first title is in approximately the right space, but the other two are pressed together, not evenly spaced.

BOTH sequences are 1080 pixels tall. What the hell is going on here that Premiere is changing its display/layout on me even though the text properties (position, size) are the same?

Thanks all!  

PS. The amount we pay for such buggy, unintuitive software (that crashes almost daily) I am open to alternatives.  Feel free to drop those in the discussion below.  

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JordanBeckett,

We're sorry to hear about this. It seems like you are experiencing Graphics reflow as you are changing the sequence size. Please share a screenshot showing the difference in the preview of the text layer. It will help us to understand the issue properly. Also, you may try these steps and check if it's helping.

• Nest the text layers in the (1080x1080) sequence.
  • Copy the nested sequence from the (1080x1080) sequence & paste in the (1920x1080) sequece.
    This might help in avoiding the Graphics to reflow as you change the sequence size.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines