• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could my system do hardware accelerated encoding?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping to find an answer to an seemingly unanswered question. i have looked all over the internet in search of if my old core i7 3770k that i daily drive would be able to support my GTX1070 and enable me to use hardware accelerated encoding if i were to switch from windows 7 to windows 10.

while i am aware that the official requirements specify 6th and 7th generation intel core series CPU's i suspect this is purely to cover the quicksync encoding options. 

if anyone has experience or proven knowledge on this topic it would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RjL190365 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use Nvenc but not Quick Sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10 is a must as you require newest version of Premiere Pro for HW encoding support, which requires at least Win10 2004 or later, check:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html?promoid=91BF4XW1&mv=other

I would recommend to use with nvidia studio drivers, and check if you meet RAM requirement.

As for the CPU, I think it should work, but I'm not sure. What I can say is that I used to run Premiere Pro CS5.5, CS6.0 and up to CC 2014 with an old AMD Athlon X2 7750 (year 2009), which didn't meet the minimum requirements specified by Adobe (of course performance was poor, but the app started and worked). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines