• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not retrieve the "My Documents" folder location error message

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a relatively new Premiere user.  When I log in now, I am receiving the following message:

"Could not retrieve the My Documents folder location.  The application will make use of a temporary folder for this session; certain temporary or custom files may require re-creation."

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Jeffrey

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Ultimately the biggest problem was I was on my work computer and there were some security measurements that were causing issues.  But I also needed to have Microsoft recreate My Documents folder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a computer that needs Adminstrator rights? That could be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  I am working on a computer that needs Administrator rights but I am the main user profile.  Is there a solution that you know of?

I'm still thinking through everything.  I deleted or moved a number of files on my computer because I needed to free up space.  During this process, I think I accidentally deleted my "Documents" folder.  Could that possibly be the problem?  Previously that's where my saved Premiere projects were sent to.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that could be the problem.  Restore it or recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  I worked yesterday for 12+ hours with Adobe and Microsoft support.  We recreated the Documents folder but with the help of all three, we still have been unable so far to resolve the issue.  Does anyone possibly have any other ideas?  I even did a complete Windows Repair Install yesterday.  Thank you all so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution to this yet? I am having the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ultimately the biggest problem was I was on my work computer and there were some security measurements that were causing issues.  But I also needed to have Microsoft recreate My Documents folder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  Unfortunately that did not resolve the issue but I greatly appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Premiere Pro, run the Cleaner Tool, and then reinstall Premiere Pro:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines