• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing on Export...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I go to export a project (since the update...) it crashes 100% of the time and I have tried doing everything I can do fix this issue with all the advice given online. I have 4 clients waiting on finished videos and I don't know what to do...

Additionally- I finished my project in the current updated version and have done soooo much editing compared to the save in the previous version... I also have been having issues even getting the older version to work AT ALL.. I'm not sure what to do and I'm stressing over the fact I have deadlines to meet for clients that have been patiently waiting.. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is across several different projects?

Were they started in 2022, or in 2021 version?

What kind of media & effects are used in them?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started in the previous version before the most recent update - the project started in the 2021 version
The most recent one I finished was a muisc video which had a fair amount of effects involved as well as colour grading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried them in the latest beta verson?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not - I shall give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of advice ... never open an older project file in a new major version, like this.

The far more reliable process is to create a new project file in the new version. Then from the MediaBrowser panel, navigate to, select, and import the assets of the old project file into the new one.

This does two major things:

• It gives the most likely to succeed 'update' of the project
  • It keeps the original project file untouched and usable in the previous version of Pr.

Also, of course ... constant vigilance of the CC Desktop app, making sure that the Preferences/Apps setting to keep apps updated is TURNED OFF! You want to manually update your apps!

And when you do update, make sure that 'remove previous versions' is unchecked in that process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall keep that in mind for next time.. Not quite sure what to do for now though with these projects being completed.. It'll take me hours upon hours to redo everything I did..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understood. Learning to migrate Pr projects forward was a painful situation for me also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry for this frustration! Have you tried using Software Encoding in your Export Settings window? Here's a screenshot to show what I mean. If you already tried that, check your GPU for a graphics driver update. If neither of those work, please share your system specs (OS, RAM, CPU, GPU)

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 1.47.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue (from what I can tell from OP's post - since im also experiencing the same) is it won't even go to the export window. If i use the shortcut, or go to File > Export > Media, both options crash my project immediately. Has only happened in the latest 2022 version of PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What troubleshooting have you done? Have you for instance set Mercury Acceleration to Software only in the project settings?

And is this with projects migrated from 2021, or also with new projects started in 2022?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I can't even make it to the export settings. Whenever I click export media or try the hotkey it just instantly crashes and becomes unresponsive.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I can't even make it to the export settings. Whenever I click export media or try the hotkey it just instantly crashes and becomes unresponsive.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again. what troubleshooting? And have you set Mercury Acceleration to software only?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Neil, I have tried that. I have tried removing effects. I have tried different sequence settings. I have tried random things and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Once I adjusted the opacity of a single clip in the sequence by 1% and all of a sudden i could export. Same trick didnt work for a different project.

It's ridiculous that this is even an issue. Insane even. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's a mess. Is it only with this project, or even if you start a new one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every project in 2022 I have this issue with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow. For reference, what's your computer specs and the media you're working with?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines