Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a Multi-Camera Sequence using Sound Timecode option

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I want to create a Multi-Camera Sequence using the Sound Timecode option to synchronise files.

It seems Premiere Pro is not reading the Sound Timecode track!

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to choose another method.  I've always preferred the following.

Manual Multi-Camera Method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the answer and the elegant proposition to create multi-camera.

We really need to use the Sound Timecode option, synchronising manually is going to be a waste of time we dont have.

ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, would it have taken longer than the 12 hours you waited for another answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avid can ‘read audio timecode’ so maybe you could use that to modify clips.

i think Bouke at videotoolshed has an app that may help - https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/ltc-convert-auxtc/

Plus put a feature request at Adobe.com/go/wish to sync by LTC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the info! There is an other great tool to do that :

Tentacle Sync Studio | tentacle sync

We are looking to use the feature of synching medias with sound timecode inside Premiere. There is an option for that you'll see in that screenshot...

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 11.47.57 AM.png

We have tried that option to synch media with sound timecode but Premiere is not able to use it. I looked for any informations on Adobe site, but there is nothing written regarding that!

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - the 'sound timecode' is metadata - and defaults to blank (so won't do anything). Might be more useful if it defaulted to 00:00:00:00. Better still if it could read audio timecode and possibly contain stop / starts or different frame rates. 

You could manually set it to the start timecode for each clip but that would be painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry that this isn't working for you. Can you verify that you have Sound Timecode metadata? Add it via the Metadata display. Can we see a screenshot of your Sound Timecode column?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

This is the screenshot of the metadata Sound Timecode column.

The Clip0018.MXF has audio timecode on the second track, I thought Premiere could read the "linear timecode".

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 2.35.09 PM.png

Regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben,

Sorry to say I strongly suspect that you have no sound timecode metadata and that's the reason it's failing. Typically, you'd find sound tc jam synched to camera timecode or time of day. When it's at zero, it usually means sound tc is absent—unless you can verify with your audio tech that recorded the scene that takes all began with 00:00:00.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

There is SMPTE timecode recorded on track 2, is there a way to "use" this sound TC.

I can send you a clip if needed.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin would know more, but I think th answer is no.

Avid has the feature, it writes the LTC to an aux TC track. This way it also allows for discontinuities in the timecode. See some discussion - Read Audio Timecode changes... - Avid Community

I’ve never had the call to use it - but it could be useful in dual recorder / off-speed scenarios. I would suggest making a ‘read audio timecode like avid’ request at Adobe.com/go/wish and pasting the link here for folks to vote on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on PC and had files with audio timecode recorded to audio track 1 of my DSLR files. Tentacle now offers the tools free of charge. See https://tentaclesync.com/timecode-tool. Just used it and it works great! 

My video files had channel 1 with sound audio timecode and channel 2 had audio recorded from the camera. The audio timecode was feeded using a BNC -> 3.5mm cable from my Zoom F4. This way we had a plan B if ever the audio timecode option did not work. 

Finaly, using the tool was super easy and the audio time code was saved to the files' metadata. Thanks Tentacle Sync!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines