• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create captions from transcript not working

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just spent an hour and a half on to Adobe's support, who just seemed to be guessing at an answer, so I'm hoping someone here might know what's happened.

I've updated to the new Premiere and now when I click 'Create captions' from the transcript page, nothing appears in the timeline.

A caption track appears, but there's nothing in it.

Support tried deleting the media cache, changing render settings and changing the workspaces.

I'm using Mac OS Big Sur.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the timecodes in the transcript starting from the 8 hour timecode? If so, see this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-premiere-pro-22-captions/m-p/12479853#...

The workaround is to either set IN and OUT point in the sequence or to disable the "Transcribe in point to out point" in the transcription dialog.

This is already fixed in the public Beta.

If that is not it, please post a screenshot.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking out in and out points for the transcribe and for the caption creation seems to have worked.

Thanks for helping. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've had a similar problem for a few weeks, I think since I installed the last update.

I have no problem to create a transcript but when I ask to create captions the process kind of freezes. The bar showing the process of creating captions is stuck at 0% and that for hours until I just quit.

Anyone experiencing the same or knowing a solution?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@clairec82033610,

This thread is an older problem. I think you are experiencing the problem in this bug report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/cannot-create-captions-from-transcription/idi-p/137...

I know of no workaround, I am not experiencing the problem, and staff were not getting responses to sort it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines