• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create prores files that are not so heavy? (read)

Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save the prores files on a normal 5400rpm hard disk. Since I have a rather poor pc, I convert mp4 files to prores to make them run more smoothly in Adobe Premiere. The problem is that the files are very heavy. I have no problem with the size of the files, since I have more than 2tb of space left. The problem is the rate of mb/s. It is 195mb/s and my hard drive is not that fast. I also have a ssd disk but it is where windows is installed and it has very little space.MY QUESTION IS IF SOMEONE WOULD GIVE ME A CONFIGURATION TO CREATE PRORES FILES THAT ARE NOT SO HEAVY OR BETTER, THAT DO NOT HAVE A HIGH MB/S RATE?I recently created a prores file of a short 4 minute youtube video in 1080p and 60fps. It weighed 300mb in mp4 and when creating it in prores LT it would weigh 5gb at a rate of 195mb/s.

I need it to be 100mb/s or less. The rest is all good.

TOPICS
Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try ProRes Proxy.

It's 45Mbps at 29.97fps so will likely be under 100Mbps at 60fps. You could also use proxies that are smaller than 1080p - this could dramatically lower your data-rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines